I thought I was the perfect parent...then I had children. (Anon)

MotherLoad to MotherLove is the title of my (yet to be published) motherhood book.
Mum Sanctuary is the video blog that saved my sanity.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Angry Foods

After spending about 10 days avoiding some of the foods I'd read can affect MOOD, I noticed an incredible difference in my mood. I was far less moody and angry. Despite being up several times a night with Amy's tooth number four and feeling quite exhausted during the day, I still felt cool and calm.
Then one night Bob and I both had some spicy food and later that night, when Amy demanded our attention, we were at each other's throats. And, when I ate out Chinese last Thursday, I woke with a food 'hangover' and in a really bad mood. I was snappy for 48 hours.
Even last night when I had some chocolate, I instantly got a headache and felt quite irritable last night and today.
Someone asked me the other day where do you start, because the food/ mood thing is so big. My answer to her was the same as the food/mood and food intoolerance websites: keep a food/ mood diary.
I've decided to do that for myself for the next month so I can get a clearer picture of things. (Can be tricky with food intolerances as the reactions can be delayed by 48 hours). Anyhow, bit of work, but after boticing the difference in the last little while I think it's worth it!
Will report back on my diary in a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment